Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts (Hush/Kill Rock Stars, 2002)



Not my first Decemberists record, but one that struck me along with all the others. A little more acoustic in parts than the others, but the stories are all there told by one of the best storytellers, Colin Meloy and the gang. You will definitely hear more from me on this band. Thanks to my friend Jonathon for turning me on to them. Still one of the reasons we want to move to Portland someday.

1 comment:

  1. What a great band. I've got Hazards of Love on vinyl if you ever want to experience that. It came with the visualization project they did which is pretty trippy.
    I've been enjoying the stuff you've been posting, both old albums I hadn't listened to in a while and stuff I've never heard of. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete